Looking for our Wish Lists? Here they are.

Monday, December 29, 2008

When I do it I do it good

I went in to the doctor today with what I knew was a very high temp and a horrible earache. After sending the first temperature machine into eternal "ERROR" mode, I learned my temp was 106.4. The staff went into freak out mode after that. I got an IV inserted into each arm (after only one failed attempt on each arm) right in the waiting room. They were laughing at our parade as I rode in a wheelchair, followed by two IV poles and pushing the stroller back to the examination room.

After an hour, they had my temp down to 99 but said to do absolutely NOTHING tonight because I was at risk of a seizure after having my temp drop so much so fast. The doc that saw me (who might have been old enough to graduate college) said that if he'd been seeing me at a hospital he would have admitted me for three days. I told him it was good he wasn't because I had far too much to do in that amount of time.

After looking at my facial orifaces he determined that I have an extreme outer and inner ear infection in both ears, my right worse than my left. And I have a sinus infection. He told me to take 1500 mg of tylenol every four hours for four days, round the clock, no matter what. And gave me an antibiotic to fight the infection. He also gave me a nasal spray which he said works miracles and I was to use it twice a day for three days. And three days only. And I had to sign a sworn statement that I would not take it more than three days or sell it on the black market. Obviously powerful stuff.

After all of this, and getting reemed at for driving myself and bringing my baby (funny, I didn't get his offer to babysit before I left the house), he said that if I did NOTHING tonight and got good sleep, I should feel much better tomorrow and good as new by the end of the week. Needless to say, I'm doing nothing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment