Looking for our Wish Lists? Here they are.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend Catchup

The professional pictures are not done yet, I will post a link when they are up.

We are going to a BYOSK Super Bowl party tonight, hosted by the lovely Owen family. Any guesses?

We started a new Bible Study in Sunday School today, its called Two Becoming One and is really good so far.

Lillian's favorite birthday presents are (in no particular order): castle tent with balls in it, rocking/riding horse, talking puppy and stuffed minnie and mickey.

We're SO CLOSE to filing our tax return, just waiting on the form from the stock company. We are getting back a large refund and are dividing it as follows:
25% stocks
15% house
15% bike
10% emergency fund
10% lillian
10% richard
10% stacey
5% christmas

Oma and Opa Brill got Lillian the Liberty's Kids complete series DVD set for her birthday and it just arrived in the mail and I can't wait to watch it.

We re-organized almost the whole house this week, sadly no furniture moving though. I firmly believe that there is no other way to adequately arrange our furniture to fit in the space and fit our needs. Those of you that know me well, know that makes me sad (and have convulsions).

The girls in the office said we should be in a three bedroom in "early spring". I figure since it was 50 today, it must be "early spring" but I'm thinking they're thinking March or April. Sad. I want to move today.

We had a MEOWW (Mom's Evening Out With Whitney) on Friday night and had Poker Night. It was hilarious since most of us did not know how to play poker, but we had fun. Whit sold some stuff from her store to the girls and then we played Taboo. I stayed til 2:30am. Whitney and I haven't hung out enough lately, obviously.

Richard put on his pants this morning and as he was putting his leg in, a cockroach came out. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I had my first cooking fire ever and my first time setting off the fire alarm in this apartment the other night. It happened to be the night we were watching Savannah. No, Eric and Teresa, we wern't trying to fry your daughter. I was heating oil for chicken, like I have done a million times and it caught on fire. Flames a foot high, we put the lid on but it wouldn't go out, so the pan went outside for two days. The pan is toast, well not literally, but it is fried. We bought a new pan at Target today.

Someday, I am going to buy a retardedly expensive set of pans.

I need new kitchen towels and a bathroom rug. We can't find a bathroom rug that meets Mr. Picky's "softness standards" AND does not have rubber on the bottom. (The rubber makes it take four hours to dry and I HATE getting wet socks.)

We just ordered two toy organizing bins which I am ridiculously excited about.

As Richard's surprise for my birthday, instead of Ashley coming here on her spring break, Lillian and I are flying to Iowa. This way, I will get to see Cyndi and Family and Grandma too. It is good, and I'm glad he planned a suprise for me, but I'm freaked out about flying on my own with Lillian at this bi-polar stage she's in, and because she refuses to fall asleep while being held.

This week should be pretty quiet for us, nothing planned really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about expensive pots & pans. Of course, I've been married 30 years and still have junky ones, but I keep hoping!

And HOW EXCITING about your birthday surprise. Good job Richard! What dates are you going? You'll have a blast.
love,
Mom Shipp

Anonymous said...

NO GUESS,

DAD

Post a Comment