Looking for our Wish Lists? Here they are.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

He is on the boat.

As soon as the flight landed in Bahrain, they told him to grab his bags, there was a cog (don't ask, I have no idea) waiting. He emailed me briefly, from a friend's email to say that he had had a shower but no sleep and was going to sleep and then check in tomorrow. After he gets checked in, he will have his mailing address as well as his email address.

As for us, someone asked me today how we were doing and I figured since I was answering her, I would just copy it here for yall too.

Well honestly, this sucks. Lillian has absolutely lost her mind. And because of that I am too. She has quit eating and sleeping and has forgotten everything she learned about using the potty. She goes between throwing hysterical tantrums and being a clinging, weepy mess.

Other than that, I am doing..alright. I am trying to keep busy and it has worked well so far, but obviously I won't be able to do that every day of the next five months. I actually thought to myself last night "I'm doing pretty good. This might not be as hard as I thought." But then I remembered that it had only been 24 hours. One freaking day. Then I lost it for a little while. It just seemed like it had been a month but it was less than 24 hours since I had seen him in person and I had had one phone call with him, skyped once and several emails...much more than I will do in any one of the remaining weeks, let alone days.

I'm told it will get easier. And I'm sure it will. Well at least I desperately hope it will, because right now its not so fun. A friend who's having a rough time lately told me last night that I joined her on the "Slow Motion Train via the Suck Bus" and that she was sad I was there, but glad she had a traveling companion.

He did get me a Kindle though, before he left. And I LOVE it. I've already read two whole books and several partials. If you don't have one, and aren't opposed to the idea of not "holding a book in your hand" I HIGHLY recommend it. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment