Looking for our Wish Lists? Here they are.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

New Job

I got a job on Friday and I start on Monday.

I will be working at AGI (Architectural Graphics Incorporated) Signs as a clerical/secretarial/admin person. I have no idea what the job actually entails. I'm sure whatever it is I can manage, and hopefully I'll enjoy it on top of that. AGI manufacturers signs for companies all over the nation. For example, they make all of the signs for all of the Hard Rock Cafes and Hotels, all of the Chase Bank signs, and lots of the signage at the major airports, outside and inside directional type signs. The location I am working at is the national headquarters, and the main manufacturing site. They also coordinate a "full service" option, where they pull permits, do landlord checks, estimate and arrange installs, check zoning requirements, etc. I am guessing this is where I come in, but we'll find out Monday.

I work from 8:00 to 5:30 Monday-Friday with a one hour lunch from 12-1. I am actually working for them through a temp agency. So for right now the temp agency is my employer and pays my salary. That goes until August 3. Then it will be up to AGI if they want to hire me and if so, me if I want to accept it. And then my wage would go up a little, as they wouldn't be giving a cut to the temp agency. I'm hoping they like me (a given, I'm sure :-) and I like them, because the thought of doing this whole interview process again makes me nauseous.

That's all I know for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! From the job title, it sounds like something you're well prepared for. Good luck on your first day!!

Post a Comment