Looking for our Wish Lists? Here they are.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

School

The first week of school is over and I have to say that it is much easier than my CASS schooling was. Partly becuase I get more time off than I did during my CASS training. Something I didnt quite think would be possible. My class schedule is 7 in the morning to 3 in the evening. Supposedly. For the entire first week we covered one lesson and that was it. It has been great in my opinion, having all this extra time to just relax and not have to worry about work yet. I imagine the whole class will be like this but we'll see.

What helps is that the Chief who is in charge of the office happens to be the only RADCOM instructor so it helps to give us a little more time off too. We usually start the class around 8 or even 8:30 depending when Chief shows up, and I'll be home anywhere between 10 and 11. Just from the one lesson we've had it was very easy for me because the basics are similar to CASS. There are only 6 of us in this course and all but 2 have been in the Navy for awhile and have had other jobs. The other two are fresh meat. Its a little funny to see the difference and knowing thats how I was when I first came into the Navy. Things certainly do change after you've been in the real Navy compared to coming from boot camp and A school. Thats the only update I have for now about my class. I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment