Contractors tearing out my shower
Three things that are just down right crazy:
Kylie's blowout yesterday
The cost of gas! Its insane! Maybe they should make "forever gas" that we could prepay today!
Three things that I'm working on right now:
An "I wanna" list
Framing a new print I got
The sound of pink, moldy tiles leaving my house FOREVER
Lilly making one sole squeak as she tries to laugh
Silence during naptime
TWELVE things that I purchased this week:
Capris for me
Bermudas for me
Sippy Cup for Lillian
Water bottle for Richard
Twizzlers for Richard
Brown skirt for me
Supplies for banana bread
ARMY WIVES SEASON 1 DVD
Richard's Father's Day present
A book on Windows Vista for Richard
Mary Tyler Moore Season 1 for Gma Shipp who's having surgery tomorrow
A steering wheel cover so I don't burn my paws any more
ELEVEN things that I'm loving these days:
NEW TILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (I'm just a little excited, can ya tell)
Talking to Grandma Shipp on the phone yesterday
Helping a friend out by bringing dessert to bible study
That I'm going home next week!!
Army Wives season 2
Begining of Design Star again
That Kylie is a good baby
TEN things that annoy me:
That we don't have our replacement double stroller yet
That its 105 here and its only the begining of June
The elephants that live upstairs
Blankets that shed fuzz balls in the washer
That I can only take one suitcase home
That I haven't talked to Heather in FOREVER
NINE words that would describe me:
- Concerned ~ Gma Shipp has hip replacement surgery tomorrow
- Annoyed ~ I WANT MY NEW STROLLER so we can go for walks.
- Pleased ~ The girls are such good babies
- Grateful ~ i've finally made good friends here.
- Overwhelmed ~ I really need to get crackin again on Lilly's week by week memory book
- Sad ~ R isn't coming home to MI with us
- Full ~ the strawberry cheesecake muffin was amazing
- Excited ~ two days in a row at the pool!
- Entertained ~ Army Wives is back on
EIGHT great old movies to rewatch about this summer:
You've Got Mail
Follow that Bird
Cinderella- Rogers & Hammerstein
Gerbert or McGee & Me
SEVEN things that I've accomplished:
Folding 4 loads of laundry
Starting my "I wanna" journal
Losing 45+ pounds
Finding a great swimsuit
Watching two babies and even doing errands
Playing R's game with him
Walking 150+ miles
Getting Lil to sleep while they're taking down tile
1. When you're putting leftovers in the fridge, write what it is with a dry erase marker, then it comes right off when the dish gets washed.
2. Keep a sharpee and scissors in the kitchen.
3. Twice a year (or once a month if you're OCD like me) go through the entire house making three piles: trash, craigslist/ebay/consignment, goodwill. You will be amazed at how much you gather.
4. Put foil in the pan before you use it so you don't have to wash the pan.
5. Peel potatoes, shred cheese, etc on waxed paper then just pick up the paper and throw it away so you don't have to wash the countertop.
6. When clothes come out of the dryer, dump them on your bed, so you have to fold and put them away before you go to bed.
FIVE absolutely wonderful quotes worth remembering:
Life's not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon or tasted as good as brownies.
Childhood is that wonderful time of life when all you need to do to lose weight is take a bath.
How long a minute is, depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on.
When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.
FOUR things I said yesterday more than once:
When will my shower be fixed?!?
I got Army Wives Season 1 on DVD.
The little girl at the pool, "she's pukin"
Lilly laying on my stomach and puking all over my shirt, cheast, neck, face, hair and carpet...yet not a single drop on her
TWO Books on my want list right now:
The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky
Change of Heart by Jodi Piccoult
Falling through the step at a Friends' and breaking it