Looking for our Wish Lists? Here they are.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pinterest Recipes

As you may or may not know, a website called Pinterest has slowly taken over the internet world. Especially among women.  It is what you could call a visual "favorites" or "bookmarks" site.  People use it for recipes, craft ideas, homeschool ideas, wedding and party planning, home decorating/design ideas....I have used it to make two "boards" to help friends plan parties and I am stewing ideas for each of the girls' next parties.  And some just plain brilliant little tips.  Like, if you put a wooden spoon on top of a pot of boiling water, it will never boil over.  For real.

In short, I love it.  And while I have hundreds of "pins", I'm determined to actually USE it, rather than just amass a huge collection of things I will never do.

I have already done some of the craft, homeschool ideas and I have made several recipes.  Some good, some not so good, as you can imagine.

The other day, I tried the Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup.  No good.  Very flavorless and too much work to be a "crock pot meal".

I tried the Grilled Cheese Rollups with the soup.  Now those were DELICIOUS.  But lets face it: Cheese, bread, butter, not much could go wrong there.  R said there might even be "too much cheese".  And THAT is how you know a good recipe.

Today I made the Easy Caramels and the No Bake Granola Bars.  I haven't tried either yet, but they both look delicious.

Go, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment